Monday, May 7, 2012

EYE OF THE DAY

Started with Two Faced shadow insurance all over the lid and under the eye.  I have the Tarte Jewelry Box palette that was for Christmas 2 years ago that i wanted to play with again.  I loved it when I first got it and since then its just been pushed to the side.  Tarte doesn't have names on their shadows so if you have this palette the color I used first is the top left highlight color in the shimmer shadows which is the first thing you see when you open the box (matte are underneath).  I then took a shadow that was almost my skin tone but a little darker since I knew I was doing dark colors I wanted something there to blend into.  Then put the dark blue in the Tarte Jewelry Box palette all over my lid and put black on the inner corner to darken it up a little bit.  For an extra pop I used NYX shadow pencil in Pots and Pans on my lower lash line and set it with the silver from the Tarte palette.  You can do this with any color shadows these are the ones I chose for today.  For liner I used my L'Oreal Paris Extra-Intense Liquid Pencil Eyeliner, 799 Carbon Black.  I love this liner it isn't great for the waterline you do have to keep touching it up through the day because it does tend to start running down the eye toward the end of the day but I absolutely love it its incredibly black and goes on beyond smooth.  For mascara I used a mixture of Stila's Forever Your Curl in Black and my trusty CoverGirl Lash Blast in Black.  Sometimes you're just in the mood to be dark!


2 comments:

  1. Very nice look! Smoky enough for night but can still get away with it during the day... I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you! I love doing smokey eyes they are by far my fave but I dont always want that deep dark black so I usually tend to lean toward navy or brown. I have a lot more looks coming up you might like too!

    ReplyDelete